Workday Project Manager
Baltimore, Maryland 21117
Workday Project Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Workday Project Manager to join our team.
- Overall responsibility is to support the Workday Projects enhancements and organizational change management to move Workday usage to Business as Usual (BAU).
- In the process of moving to BAU, deliver functionality missed initially, enhance user experience of Workday Projects, promote consistent governance and adoption across T. Rowe Price business units, advocate and coach users to consistently adopt policy and process to gain the benefits of increased confidence in project reporting, transparency, labor capitalization and business unit needs.
- Main areas include product ownership and administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Workday Projects Product Owner Tasks: Setting Strategy: Building Road Map
- Gathering Requirements/user stories
- Policy direction
- Advisory Board inputs
- Quantifying initial launch technical debt
- Quantifying and responding to user requests
Prioritization: Policy – Assisting with Setting Policy
- Advisory board reviews
- Incorporating user feedback
- Updates to Workday to match policy updates (including error messaging, roles and access, reports, etc.) Aligning Policy to TRP process as needed. Establishing ongoing Operational reviews to enforce policy
- Facilitating governance decisions across business units on how to use Workday Projects to gain consistency. Special Initiatives - Organizational changes that rely on Workday Projects include: labor capitalization, audit response, multiyear budget and forecast planning, reporting updates, total cost of ownership, resource planning, SOX control, consistent time entry policies including Business user UAT, and data for Management Committee metrics
- Lead users to use Workday as desired: Emails, Training, change management and communications including: Regular timely updates, Resource assignments and planning, Role assignments, End dates and project status, Budgets and forecasts
- Anticipating questions and developing corresponding training and documentation
- Testing Workday updates to ensure still meeting intended goals
- Workday Updates New functionality ii. TRP Updates made
- Gathering data and KPI metrics across the portfolio and following up with projects who are not meeting operational reviews
- Training: Regular Brown Bag Sessions, Training for Special initiatives; Labor Cap, Resource planning, etc., Policy & End of year budget and forecast cycle, Training on request: as requested and planned
- Global net site: Documentation: Workday Projects Road map, Status, Job Aid, FAQs, Office Hours
- Operational Reviews
- Regular advisory group meetings at multiple levels, as well as individual team follow up to support Workday Projects use
- Regular Audit team meetings Workday Projects: Administrator Tasks Work includes production support tasks; which Technology team does not typically have access to perform. There are similar Administrators in the HR, Benefits Team, Compensation, Finance, Payroll, Recruiting, and other business units.
- User Support: Answering User questions to the Workday Projects Support email box daily, Walk up requests & unscheduled Phone calls, Assisting with access requests, Maintaining job aids, Providing training
- Create and Maintain attributes in Workday to user request or policy change: Project hierarchy and Projects within hierarchy, Tasks, Phases, Project plan templates, Related Worktags (Cost center, Application), Converting Worktag only projects to full projects
- Testing Updates a.Workday Updates New functionality: Roles and Security changes, Reports, Configuration changes
- Bulk uploading process to assist users and facilitate end of year planning: Creating new projects, assigning roles, project plans and resource assignments, End of Year Budgets and forecasts (15000 rows per process; repeated with updates), Testing in each of the environments.
- Sync and coordination with other Admins for other systems: Oracle and Workday synchronization, Interface with Enterprise Security to have changes made in production
- If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35554 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.