Windows Active Directory Engineer
Baltimore, MD 21202
Windows Active Directory Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Windows Active Directory Engineer to join our team.
Windows/Active Directory Engineer to assist in the integration of Active Directory in an on premise and cloud environment. The position will require knowledge of multiple technologies and systems as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. The position requires working independently and collaboratively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, scale, and secure infrastructure, focusing on an Active Directory environment
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Configure and maintain servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical support for cloud-related opportunities
- Verify and monitor on premise and cloud environments and controls to ensure processes are mature and capable of supporting our objectives and best practice design
- Recommend alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis
- Work with technical teams and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems; including but not limited to public, private, and hybrid cloud designs.
- Coordinate testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues
- Research, experiment with, and inform on emerging technologies and tooling to improve the developer and member experience
- Adhere to vendor and industry best practices whenever possible to ensure operational integrity.
- Responding to escalations
- Working with database and infrastructure engineering team on solutions / enhancements
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Review project requirements, evaluating industry-strength XaaS solutions and providing recommendation based on best-fit and/or best-of-breed considerations
- Experience with Active Directory 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016
- Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment and with teams spread across multiple locations across multiple time zones
- Must possess good documentation skills (creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.)
- Strong working knowledge in Active Directory 2008 R2/2012 R2/2016
- Strong working knowledge in Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, and/or Windows 2016
- Strong working knowledge in DNS, DFS, Sites/Services, OU management, and GPO
- Experience with Microsoft DHCP 2012
- Self-motivated, directed and with keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as strong logical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding and knowledge of AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools as well as 3rd party tools (WireShark)
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Forward thinking in the potential use of future technology
- 7+ years of experience in an Active Directory role
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36379 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.