Unix System Administrator
Baltimore, MD 21031
Unix System Administrator
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Unix System Administrator to join our team.
- The Unix Systems Administrator maintains and supports the Production and Non-Production (Dev/QA) UNIX-based UNIX middleware environment, which is inclusive of the software, and in some cases hardware system.
- The position represents the Midrange Technical Services team on enterprise IT initiatives as assigned, assesses technical requirements, and provides recommendations to the Project Manager.
- The UNIX Middleware support team provides 24x7 365/days support.
- Deep experience with Solaris 10 & 11
- Ability to configure and operate Oracle Ops Center (tool to manage the physical servers)
- Deep experience with Oracle Virtualization Technologies (LDOM’ s, CDOM’ s, and Zones)
- Strong knowledge of hardware (HBA’ s, SAN connectivity, networking)
- Deep experience with patching/updating Solaris systems
- Strong shell scripting experience
- Ability to manage complex SAN configurations including the use of EMC TimeFinder
- A strong understanding of Solaris performance management
- Ability to manage storage using Veritas products
- Ability to manage clustered systems using Veritas Cluster Server (VCS)
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35215 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.