Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a UX Designer to join our team.
We’ re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Our focus on the user experience places designers in a unique position to influence product direction through bold design decisions. We apply design thinking and take a holistic approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points of our growing portfolio of products and mobile applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client’ s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders for regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Must have a digital portfolio.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to work tightly with a cross-functional team of developers, product owners, and management to guide solutions into production.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Having the experience in user-centered design, rapidly test, wireframing, mocking up, prototyping, researching,
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time as well as prioritize workload.
- Must have experience in picking up projects midway through development by another designer.
- Ability to solve design problems, not just make pretty pictures.
- Must have developed a style guide.
- Must have developed a project from start to finish.
- Release multiple projects to development.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’ s latest trends and technologies.
- Not over complicating simple tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing experiences and user interfaces for web and mobile apps.
- Attitude: “ This is not in my job description” should not be in your vocabulary.
- We ask “ why” things are the way they are; that is the most important question.
- Positive and excited for not only showing off your expertise but learning from other people's experiences.
- Being part of class or leading the class.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Being okay with and working with things out of your control.
- Being able to make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an impeccable eye for detail and design (e.g. typography, color, balance, etc.).
- Provide mentorship to share the knowledge with other team members on user-centered design and design thinking best practices.
- Expertise in UX software such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and or similar.
- Extreme knowledge of atomic design and has practiced it in the past.
- This ability to distance themselves from the project.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Have experience in doing Ethnography Studies.
- Experience in writing user stories – and practicing the agile methodology development process.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34647 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.