Columbia, MD 21044
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a UX Designer to join our team.
Our client, a leader in enterprise level association and credentialing software, is seeking a User Experience (UX) Designer with a passion for innovation and an admiration for user centered design. The individual must have the drive and determination to own usability standards, mandate processes, and define strategy. In collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams, the UX Designer will be responsible for gathering and evaluating user requirements, illustrating design ideas, as well as conducting competitive analysis and user research. This opportunity requires a strategic thinker and problem solver, a person comfortable owning initiatives and using data to drive their decisions, 'as well as an individual not afraid to push creative and digital boundaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate business goals and requirements into innovative and effective digital experiences for our customers
- Evaluate our existing products against the industry in order to propose the next generation of our software experience
- Examine competitive landscape so as to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to lead
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis via behavioral data research and user interviews
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and wireframes
- Develop mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate the look and feel
- Define and own UX standards and clearly document engineering guidelines
- Attend daily standups, grooming sessions, and discovery meetings as the subject matter expert
- Invest in the quality of our products by owning experience testing and responsive behaviors across all devices
- 4+ years of experience in UX Design
- Proficient in web design and prototyping software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, or similar)
- Skilled in responsive and adaptive design principles
- Familiarity with creating user personas, defining project specifications, and writing thorough user stories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be comfortable presenting ideas to key stakeholders and advocating for the user
- Hard-working, proactive, self-motivated, and a leader
- Keen attention to detail and deep passion for consistency
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Collaborative, team player with an openness to new ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day responsibilities with little oversight
- Graphic design, typography, and color
- Data visualizations (a plus if experienced in D3)
- Material Design
- Behavioral data analysis tools (a plus if experienced with Pendo)
- Product walk-throughs and end user documentation
- Agile and communication tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Slack
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36257 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.