New york, NY 10003
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a UI Developer to join our team.
- We’ re looking for front-end engineers to join our new Technology Development Center in Manhattan. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, user experience, and technical challenges. You’ ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You’ ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle, redefining the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts invest to serve our clients.
- We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ ll give you challenging work that has an impact / opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table— because that’ s how we help our clients succeed. The Front Office Technology Group is working to develop the firm's next generation research and execution platforms, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
- This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role coupled with Player/Coach leadership responsibilities. This role provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and deliver cutting edge technology solutions.
- BS in computer science, MIS or related majors is required
- Technical and/or industry certifications is a strong plus
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning is a must
- Expert knowledge of at least one CSS framework (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web development, Web architecture, HTTP, JSON REST, CORS, and JSONP
- Experience with a structured build software (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, NPM) • Experience with automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- Experience designing clean, concise, maintainable APIs
- Experience with Chromium based frameworks (e.g. Electron, NW.js, etc.) is a strong plus
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.) is a strong plus
- Experience with front office software development within an asset management firm, hedge fund or investment bank is preferred
- A solid understanding of financial markets and financial instruments is a plus
- Confident communicator with demonstrable ability to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting viewpoints.
- Experience providing coaching and mentoring to team members in order to deliver quality service and celebrated solutions to business customers.
- Proven ability to act and lead in a consultative manner with technology and business partners
- Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous delivery, code review/pairing, unit testing, etc.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36738 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.