Owings Mills, MD 21117
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Testing Analyst to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing test execution in accordance with the organization’ s standards and processes
- Partner with business and technology peers to leverage application knowledge and develop appropriate test strategies, plans and test cases
- Perform manual testing as needed and leverage technical skillset to produce robust and durable automated test suites where possible
QA Engineer Responsibilities (Non-Agile):
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts and developers to create and review test strategies
- Leverage business, functional and / or technical requirements to build application knowledge
- Provide input and estimates as needed to support project planning
- Partner with project team members to document test plans and test cases that, where appropriate, embody an integrated view of the system
- Ensure traceability through requirements, test execution and defect management
- Maintain quality standards and processes to ensure entry / exit criteria are met for each phase
- Create or make available the necessary test data to support test execution
- Create and execute manual or automated test scripts ensuring thorough coverage of the requirements
- Utilize test tools to report, track and drive defect resolution Quickly raise and document issues or roadblocks jeopardizing productivity or the general quality of the application
QA Engineer Responsibilities (Agile)
- Collaborate with business analysts and developers to create and review test strategies that allow for concurrent coding and testing
- Review test scenarios with team members
- Ensure acceptance criteria is clear, testable and adheres to “ definition of done”
- Complete manual or automated testing for each user story within the sprint
- Create or make available the necessary test data to ensure tests are repeatable
- Participate in team sprint and PSI ceremonies
- Work closely with developers to ensure solution meets PO expectations
- Utilize Rally and HP ALM as appropriate to track test execution Ensure traceability through user stories, test execution and defect management Vocal about issues or roadblocks jeopardizing productivity or the general quality of the application
QA Engineer Responsibilities (SAFe System Team):
- For teams practicing Agile, the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) System Team may be assembled on larger programs to focus on automated regression, end to end testing and the overall assembly of a software release. The QA Engineers on this team collaborate with embedded QA Engineers across the program to put together disparate automated tests into a more end to end focused set of regression suites.
- Review agile team’ s test scenarios and perform manual or automated regression testing of user stories
- Create and execute manual or automated test scripts for features including necessary integration and end to end testing
- Create or make available the necessary test data to facilitate regression, integration and end to end testing
- Collaborate with teams outside the release train to ensure integration to external systems is accomplished and tested
- Ensure traceability through features and user stories, test execution and defect management
- Identify defects and fixes or assign back to the teams for resolution
- Attend agile team demos and conduct system team demos to demonstrate integrated code to teams and stakeholders
- Participate in system team ceremonies and PSI ceremonies for program
- Conduct initial performance and load testing, at a minimum, at the end of each PSI.
- Utilize Rally and HP ALM as appropriate to track test execution
- Vocal about issues or roadblocks jeopardizing productivity or the general quality of the application
- Understand testing to be accomplished and suggest changes to increase efficiency or effectiveness within or between QA engineering teams.
- Hands on experience performing test execution under an Agile and Non-Agile methodology
- Development experience a plus.
- Automated testing experience using industry standard tools (HP QTP/UFT, Selenium, SOA, etc.)
- Familiarity with developing automated tests to be embedded in a Continuous Integration cycle
- Load and performance testing experience using HP Performance Center and LoadRunner
- Solid understanding of SQL, database query tools and relational database design
- Experience creating and managing test data
- Proficient in test management tools such as HP ALM, Rally, etc.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong Programming/Scripting skills (VB, Java, .Net, etc.)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36058 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.