Towson, MD 21286
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Test Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a member of a scrum team, the Test Engineer is responsible for performing and assisting with system and hardware testing activities; assisting in maintaining and implementing the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of complex business applications; performing other duties as required ensuring that the products and features meet the planned quality level.
- Participate as a manual tester on a scrum team, including development of user stories, demos, and retrospectives
- Conduct manual testing on thick and thin client web applications for new features, feature modifications, and defect fix retesting
- Conduct testing on third party vehicle diagnostic hardware and mobile devices
- Develop test cases, test scripts, and other related test documents based user stories
- Setup and maintain product test environment for use during testing
- Develop test data for use during test execution
- Work with Software Engineers to identify the root cause of software issues
- Identify, resolve, and proactively communicate potential problems
- Assist other departments to support
- Work under moderate supervision and submit work periodically for review
- Complete assigned administrative responsibilities
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- One to two years of software testing experience OR proven proficiency with:
- Microsoft – Windows 8, 10, and Server OS environments
- RDBMS usage and concepts – MS-SQL Server
- Desk-top applications such as MS-Word and MS-Excel
- Client-server concepts
- Basic network concepts
- Understanding of software development process, systems architecture and software best practices
- Mechanically inclined is a plus
- Possesses a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty
- Self-starter capable of working independently or in groups, self-direct time management
- Capable interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with others
- Effective organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to respond quickly to changing requirements and develop new skills need to support the business
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35154 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.