Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Test Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Automation Software Test Engineer provides mentorship and expertise in technologies and processes for Quality Assurance (QA) and Testing. He/She provides expertise for TRP key business functions and supporting technologies.
- Develops and creates test ware (e.g., deliverables, plans, environment, data set-up, test cases, etc.) to ensure project test requirements are met
- Provides QA and testing input into business decisions and participates in project risk assessment reviews to increase efficiencies and to reduce risk
- Executes tests and reviews results to ensure requirements and objectives are met
- Identifies tasks and methods that can be automated to ensure resources are maximized
- Remains current in test automation technology and software capabilities to ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Remains current with industry trends, emerging technology and best practices within the testing discipline to disseminate updated knowledge throughout the organization
- Ability to perform testing on high to very high complexity projects and provide guidance, training, and mentoring
- Proven mastery of software testing including test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Technical depth to create and run test scripts that cover a wide variety of scenarios such as smoke, functional, regression, endurance, and performance testing
- Excellent background in foundational concepts of testing, software development lifecycle (SDLC) and testing practices throughout SDLC • Experience with creating automated tests with Selenium using Java programming language.
- Experience and strong understanding of automation tools such as Selenium, SoapUI, JMeter
- Experience building and developing test automation for APIs and Web Services using http protocol, JASON and XML
- Experience testing contents for web/mobile
- Ability to create tests of Java code logic using Junit and other Java testing frameworks
- Experience with test creation using scripting languages such as Groovy and Griddle
- Experience with test data set up using SQL
- Experience with version control tools such as Git and SVN
- Driven to improve current state by developing or leveraging internal or external innovations
- Excellent collaboration skills to partner with Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts to execute against established test plans and timelines
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with others in team environment
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience
- Experience with Agile Scrum framework and test automation in CI/CD
- Experience with test automation for software products deployed in a cloud or hybrid environment utilizing cloud service platforms such as AWS
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field preferred
- Six or more years of technology and software testing work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant experience working with HP testing suite
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35555 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.