Test Engineer II
7 Loveton Circle Hunt Valley , MD 21152
Test Engineer II
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Test Engineer II to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test Engineering supports R&D’ s Product Development/Maintenance with Verification and Validation to Test and Qualify Products and Solutions. Engineer II understands testing needs and follows the established and proven test processes to test the IVD instrument systems, subsystems and solutions under development in a cross functional environment.
- Collaborate with other project teams to understand and derive specifications.
- Transforms Product / System / Software Level Requirements / Specifications to create Test Protocols and Test Cases for functional, non-functional and Risk based tests
- Executes planned Test cases to discover functional and nonfunctional System and Software anomalies with Risk impacts
- Provides a detailed description of discovered anomalies to obtain resolutions from Software, System, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams
- Supports Software, Systems and Engineering Teams with Trouble shooting, Characterization and Validation activities for Prototypes, Breadboards and Sub-Systems Supports Service/Training organization for troubleshooting customer complaints
- Provides Testing support to Sustaining activities
- Engages in continuous improvement to enhance Test Automation, Test Architectural and Test Leadership skills
- Four Years Undergraduate degree preferably in Engineering or Science
- 2-5 Years of Software / System Testing experience preferably in an embedded/ hardware environment with automated tests
- Familiarity with Defect Tracking Tools, Requirement Management and Test Management Tools such as TFS, HP ALM (Quality Center), Cognition Cockpit.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to work in a cross functional team to complete Testing Tasks as per Project’ s and quality needs and timelines
- Proven and creative Test skills with attention to details. Thinks out-of-box to discover product anomalies and helps improve the test efficiencies and effectiveness
- Familiar with Industry standard processes of Software and System development cycles. Understands specifications and requirements to create Test Protocols and Test Cases to provide optimal test coverage and speed of execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technically and professionally describe test scenarios, deviations, non-compliances and risks.
- 1-2 years of experience of automating User Interfaces in Microsoft Windows / Embedded Windows Environments using popular commercial or open source tools such as Tricentis Tosca, QTP, CodedUI, AutoIT, Selenium, AngularJS, etc.
- Ability to create simple SQL Scripts,
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for Medical Instruments, ISO 14971, IEC 62304 standards.
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies.
- Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 64366 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.