Telecom Engineer II
Sparks, MD 21152
Telecom Engineer II
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Telecom Engineer II to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain network operations on a day-to-day basis for a complex network of over 400 workstations and 150 servers as part of the Infrastructure Services team, focusing on telecommunications solutions.
- Troubleshoot and proactively monitor telecommunications systems, including the Mitel PBX, Oaisys Call recording, Voice4Net surveys & screen pops, MiCollab, IVR, Biscom Faxcom.
- Provide documentation of telecom systems and network topology.
- Implement authorized network enhancements and special projects as assigned, in conjunction and collaboration with call center teams.
- Support and maintain recovery systems and operations, including but not limited to: maintaining backup system configuration, performing backup system upgrades, monitoring backups, and performing restores as needed.
- Participate in a rotating on-call support schedule.
- Supports the organization in the design and implementation of network components.
- Recommend new and emerging technologies to solve call center/customer service problems.
- Ensure cost-effective telecommunications services through periodic review of proper licensing, billing reports and contracts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, or demonstrated equivalent of work experience and industry accreditation.
- Five years System Engineering experience
- Technical certification training in telecommunications services (i.e. Mitel, Skype, Cisco)
- Expert experience supporting Mitel technologies (i.e. PBX, ACD, IVR, Oaysis).
- Extensive experience supporting medium to large call centers.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft operating systems, both workstation and server.
- Strong experience with managing telecom circuits (i.e. SIP trunks), vendors and contracts
- Experience with VMware ESXi in a clustered environment.
- Experience implementing and supporting Microsoft clustering.
- Experience with collaboration technologies (i.e. Skype for Business, WebEx, etc.)
- Ability to administer large and complex computer networks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills to provide for effective documentation and business cases.
- Strong time management skills.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35516 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.