Towson, MD 21286
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Associate Technical Writer creates, develops, plans, writes, edits, and maintains end-user documentation for software applications and related hardware. The Associate Technical Writer will conduct interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation and will work closely with software and hardware development teams to create, manage, edit, and release technical documentation for internal engineering teams and product customers.
- Create and maintain user documentation for each of the company’ s product lines. This includes online help and other documents such as:
- User Guides - Quick Reference Guides - Hardware & Installation Guides
- Release Notes - Report Documentation - Process Documentation
- Create illustrations or screenshots to supplement the content.
- Follow the established review/approval process before releasing new or updated documentation.
- Work closely with development and test engineers during product development to understand documentation requirements.
- Interview Subject Matter Experts and other technical contacts to gather input for documentation updates.
- Collaborate with design engineers to ensure product usability and appropriate product support
- Work closely with field customer service representatives to ensure technical documentation deliverables meet customer needs.
- Apply templates and style guides to documentation to ensure a consistent look and feel.
- Maintain necessary records for project tracking and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Use the Microsoft Office suite and Madcap Flare to generate technical documentation.
- Manage the release workflow process for each revision cycle and distribution of technical publications
- Work closely with training and marketing management to ensure product and engineering deliverables are in alignment with go-to-market requirements
- Bachelor’ s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Technical Communication, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 0-2 years’ experience in technical writing in a product development environment
- Experience with mobile delivery and wiki- or cloud-based tools is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of transportation and logistics industry a plus.
- Basic knowledge of configuration management processes and product lifecycle management systems.
- Familiarity with DITA, XML, and structured content development is a plus.
- Basic understanding of minimalist writing techniques conducive to reuse and translation.
- Proficient with MadCap Flare.
- Familiarity with RoboHelp, Microsoft Word, PDFs, SharePoint and SnagIt.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- A positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and honesty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; strong editing, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others to accomplish team goals.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, energetic environment and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with engineering, product management, and technical support teams.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35185 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.