Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team.
- Looking for a Documentation Specialist who has a passion for delivering great software products that meet customer requirements.
- The Senior Documentation Specialis is responsible for developing, revising and creating customer-facing and technical documentation for our Informatics platform.
- The Senior Documentation Specialist works directly with internal and external stakeholders including the Product Owners, Technical Leads, Developers, Test, and UX to document features, workflows and technical documentation for Informatics products.
- A successful candidate must be a self-motivated positive person who puts team goals ahead of individual accomplishments, has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can flourish in a fast-paced agile environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, create and edit technical documentation describing features, workflows, procedures for Informatics products.
- Create preliminary Help File and Instructions for Use manuals
- Producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- Work with internal teams to understand functionality and plan and organize documentation
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Assist with the documentation of technical design specifications
- Use and maintain a repository of technical terminology and documentation
- Oversee continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Bachelor's degree in English or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Two years’ experience in technical writing preferably in Healthcare / Life Sciences
- BS degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Expert proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe PDF, PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to take complex medical and technical material and distill into concise and accurate descriptions of processes and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Detail-oriented and have the ability to work under deadline pressure; events.
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Knowledge of or experience with microbiology a huge plus
- Experience in an FDA-regulated environment is a plus
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development processes a plus but not required
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36077 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.