Baltimore, MD 21244
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Technical Writer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and edit weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports to document project progress, as well as ad hoc reports, proposals, and other documents for Leidos management.
- Serve as Team Lead, coordinating workloads for all Technical Writers on the team.
- Consult directly with the customer, SSA, to create and maintain technical documentation. This includes meeting minutes, diagrams, and other technical documents as assigned.
- Perform other administrative tasks, including interview scheduling for the team, and other tasks as assigned.
- The person filling this role will also need to:
- Be intuitive, resourceful and comfortable completing assignments on your own, with little need for guidance/oversight. You will also need to be comfortable helping others complete their assignments.
- Be comfortable with varying levels of "busyness"- sometimes there will be multiple things assigned all at once that are due the same day, and sometimes things will be slow. You'll need to be comfortable with both scenarios.
- Interact with the customer (SSA) in a professional manner, and be comfortable taking meeting minutes for them (you will be provided a recorder to ensure accuracy).
- Bachelor degree in a related field.
- Strong creative writing skills and persuasive writing style, with the ability to capture our customer's attention, outshine our competition and answer the question: "what makes Leidos unequivocally the best provider for the job?"
- Capability to develop original and compelling content for documents and proposals.
- Ability to translate the technical work we do into creative language. If technical staff have ideas that can be turned into a white paper, the candidate should be able to recognize that, draw out those ideas, and capture them eloquently.
- Strong leadership qualities, with the ability to delegate tasks and manage time off for all technical writers on the team.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word
- Intermediate skills in Visio and Excel, including familiarity with formulas and pivot tables.
- Advanced skills in Visio and Excel.
- Strong technical background that will help the candidate understand the technical context of our work.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34598 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.