Technical Support Engineer II
Sparks, MD 21152
Technical Support Engineer II
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Technical Support Engineer II to join our team.
The Technical Support Engineer maintains the reliability and functionality of computing and telephony equipment and provides technical support to employees. This individual will be expected to provide sound technical solutions to solve the business problems of the user community. The Technical Support Engineer II will leverage relevant technical experience to assume a mentorship role in the Technical Support Engineering team. Also, this individual will exercise a supporting role to the Network Engineering team. This person is also responsible for the delivery of assigned projects on time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine configuration and support of end user technology, including but not limited to:
- New PC/VDI setup and configuration.
- Common workstation maintenance tasks (i.e. monitor, mouse, keyboard, replacement and internal maintenance).
- Mobile Device configuration & management
- Endpoint security and vulnerability management (i.e. patching, Antivirus, etc.).
- Desk relocation.
- Executive Support.
- Provide Tier II support through support incidents submitted to IT Customer Support.
- Evaluate new technologies and their potential application
- User account, distribution list and security group maintenance.
- Assist with the management of daily backups and perform general server administration tasks as assigned.
- Assist with general internal audit of IT controls and procedures
- High school diploma, some college preferred
- 3 years of Technical Support Experience
- Expert skillset maintaining and operating a Windows operating system (Windows XP/7/8).
- Working knowledge of desktop virtualization concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Apple OS X operating system maintenance and support.
- Demonstrated skillset in basic Active Directory account maintenance
- Ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging technologies.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clearly and effectively.
- Superior listening, oral and written skills.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34365 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.