Baltimore, Maryland 21234
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Systems Specialist to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seeking Systems Specialist to support the Information Technology group, working on the Software Development team.
- Assists w/ the configuration of new policy software used by agents, underwriters and customers to quote, issue and administer policies, including integration with third-party systems.
- Participates in full SDLC
- Provides configuration support for third-party applications.
- Collaborate on XSLT mapping and requirements
- May perform acceptance testing and program implementation for assigned systems and/or projects.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Provides support, maintenance and ongoing enhancements to projects
- Creates and maintains documentation of all processes and procedures according to company policies procedures and standards.
- Implements continuous improvement processes by providing feedback to management concerning possible problems and areas of concern.
- Makes recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Will be working with the team in accordance with a hybrid Agile/SDLC methodology.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- 4-year Bachelor of Science degree majoring in an Information Technology program.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and logical thought processes
- Understanding of database systems
- Knowledge of developing web applications.
- Knowledge of System implementation and system integration processes.
- Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT, HTML, CSS, AJAX
- Knowledge of relational databases (preferably SQL Server)
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 or higher/ C#
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Understanding of Web Services
- Understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35543 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.