Systems Engineer ll
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Systems Engineer ll
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Systems Engineer ll to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Systems Engineer uses technical expertise and advanced business skills to design and develop and implement solutions for difficult business problems.
- The Systems Engineer is an expert in a functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation or technology.
- The incumbent understands and communicates how technology impacts the business.
- The Systems Engineer identifies, develops, and implements technologies and practices that have value for the business.
- The Systems Engineer works within project teams to develop solutions that drive the success of the business.
- The Systems Engineer acts as a subject matter expert in one or more areas of technology. Knowledge and expertise may be in one technology or environment.
- The Systems Engineer acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical and business process guidance concerning the business implications of one or more applications.
- The position provides technical consulting in area of expertise and mentors Sr. Programmers and Programmers within the business channel or technology supported.
- Demonstrates technical competency in specific tools and technologies as determined by the strategic direction of Global Business Solutions & Technology (GBS & T).
- Possesses solid understanding and application of the connection between the business being supported and its technology strategy and systems.
- An expert in a functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation or technology.
- Independently interacts regularly with associates of various levels to gather and analyze business requirements and interpret business needs and issues in order to design and / or evaluate technical solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine feasibility for the business.
- Develops cost and benefit estimates to establish worth of program to enterprise. This includes the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or change to existing ones.
- Develops, implements, and integrates major business systems.
- Provides technical guidance to GBS & T Managers.
- Acts as primary consultant on multiple projects concurrently.
- Maintains high level of technical expertise in one or more applications.
- Advises appropriate people on the implications of existing GBS & T systems that can be applied to a problem.
- Uses appreciable originality on system assignments.
- Develops and/or evaluates previously refined data and select from a range of alternatives to determine the appropriate action to be taken.
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently.
- Develops time schedules, conversion, and test procedures for all aspects organization development.
- Recommends technical approaches needed for solution of the problem.
- Modifies systems designs to take maximum advantage of expertise.
- Responsible for supporting File Transfer processing using Sterling File Gateway/Integrator/Control Center and Connect: Direct using proprietary File Transfer System to work on the development, set-up, onboarding, and support activities for managed file transfers. Contributing to development of best practice materials, and to improve trading partner onboarding and support processes.
- Daily system support of Sterling B2Bi and SFG.
- Using ServiceNow to accurately process work requests and production incidents, registering important metrics and providing appropriate documentation of work completed.
- Monitoring production environments re: Managed File Transfer product tasks/ support – troubleshooting issues in transmission, encryption/decryption, routing.
- The successful candidate will have in-depth experience and knowledge of the IBM Managed File Transfer product offerings including Sterling File Gateway/Integrator/Control Center, and IBM Connect Direct.
- Understanding of file transfer protocols, encryption, and keys – including PGP, SSH, SFTP, FTPS, FTP, etc.
- Exposure to Autosys scheduling is required.
- IBM Sterling File Gateway, IBM Sterling Control Center, connect: Direct, B2B Integrator
- Experience with SQL coding using Databases in any of the following environments – mainframe, Windows, UNIX, Linux systems (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Expert in functional operation or technology
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead small to medium scope projects as a technical lead
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other team members within their teams
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business Project Team members
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 37061 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.