Systems Consultant IV
Owings Mills, Maryland 21117
Systems Consultant IV
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Systems Consultant IV to join our team.
The Senior Systems Programmer provides technical leadership, software support and technical guidance in support of the mainframe operating system environment. This position contributes to the implementation and support of hardware, software and operational procedures to enhance and maintain performance, high availability, currency, and capacity for mainframe architecture in support of application and/or business requirements. This position is primarily to support third party software products from CA, Compuware, ASG, SAS and BMC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for maintaining a high-level perspective of the day-to-day operational aspects of the department. This perspective produces the ability to identify and recommend efficiencies that can be built into existing processes and procedures. These day-to-day tasks include the development and employment of monitoring techniques to maintain a proactive application/systems management approach.
- Participate in problem solving exercises assisting Technical Services group in identifying root cause, corrective action or future direction to eliminate potential outages
- Implements assigned system software to include new releases, corrective fixes, vendor maintenance and customization. Builds plan to integrate software changes to maintain the highest level of availability coordinating with Operations and the Change Management groups. Perform research into new functions available from latest software identifying opportunities to improve our environment.
- Supports software environment providing guidance on the use of systems software to fellow systems programmers, applications programmers, operations and other business users of the mainframe infrastructure.
- Participates in projects and tasks to upgrade/migrate supported hardware to new or replacement equipment. This would include making configuration changes as required, installing software fixes for compatibility, assisting with the implementation planning and change coordination.
- Monitors the environment to ensure resource utilization is within capacity guidelines. Analyzes the environment to determine customization and or corrective change to ensure we maintain the highest availability and throughput. Identify inefficiencies; communicate to appropriate owner of resource consumption and work to correct inefficiencies through accepted tuning guidelines.
- Z/OS in a SYSPLEX environment
- Workload Manager
- USS on Z/OS
- Performance management
- capacity planning
- system monitoring
- RACF/Top Secret Security
- TCP/IP and OSA/SF
- Coupling Facility environment to include Structure definitions, control and management
- Strong knowledge of system performance and tuning enhancing ZOS Workload Management classes. Extensive knowledge and experience as a Systems Programmer in a IBM Z/OS Mainframe environment
- Extensive work experience with vendor/non-IBM systems software to include but not be restricted to CA, BMC, Compuware, ASG, SAS
- Extensive systems implementation and administration experience
- Understanding of project management and control
- Ability to communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 37248 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2018, 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.