System Support Specialist
Sparks, MD 21152
System Support Specialist
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a System Support Specialist to join our team.
- Serves as the technical subject matter expert (SME) for assigned Informatics diagnostic system instruments and software, ensuring design for serviceability, regional field service readiness and product life cycle management to meet all functional and business objectives.
- Is responsible for escalated assistance of complex instrument and software repairs, monitoring product health metrics and representing the voice of service during the new product development process.
- Is part of broader cross-functional teams within the organization and provides leadership to the extended regional field service team located around the world with a focus on enhancing the customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The general nature and level of work being performed by the associates assigned to this job are listed below, note that this is not intended to be an exhaustive list:
- As the technical subject matter expert provides Level III technical support within the extended Service Team around the world, during product installation, troubleshooting and maintenance; as necessary.
- Acts as liaison between Service and other functions to determine root cause issues and provides feedback on product design and performance to drive product improvements.
- Provides technical input to the development and maintenance of training programs and documentation for supported products and drives regional self-sufficiency.
- Prepares formal written reports/documents/presentations to communicate with a wide-range of audiences, including senior leadership, external stakeholders and global field service team members.
- Represents GTS on new/sustaining product development teams and drives to improve reliability, serviceability, and to reduce service costs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develops, implements and maintains customer support strategy for new and existing products based upon global service capabilities and marketing and sales initiatives.
- Tracks GTS related product health metrics for instruments and makes appropriate recommendations for continuous improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Manages and prioritizes tasks to flex to the demand to meet deliverables on assigned projects.
- Maintains and enhances the departmental standards of performance and promotes a safe working environment throughout the organization.
- 3+ years of previous experience with hardware and software systems integration, preferably with medical devices or complex medical instrumentation in a Health Information Technology (HIT) role
- 3+ years of fundamental aptitude of network topology and a general understanding of the network interactions between routers, switches, and firewalls
- 3+ years of required knowledge or previous work experience in microbiology laboratory or hospital workflow, i.e. – Laboratory Information System (LIS) interfaces, specifically with ASTM and HL7 or other legacy systems are preferred
- Candidate is able to travel domestically or internationally up to 20% of the time
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field
- Network+ Certification
- Prior experience in field service, customer-facing organization, specifically dealing with medical instrumentation
- 5+ years of previous experience with hardware and software systems integration, preferably with medical devices or complex medical instrumentation in a Health Information Technology (HIT) role
- Provides Tier 3 technical support and training on Data Management System worldwide
- Self-motivated and action oriented team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to navigate in matrix organization and work with global team members
- Project management experience
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills of varying complexity
- Experience with SAP documentation processes
- Experience data mining as it relates to remote connectivity to improve systems
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35433 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.