Subject Matter Expert â Solid Waste Operations and Finance
Towson, MD 21204
Subject Matter Expert – Solid Waste Operations and Finance
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Subject Matter Expert – Solid Waste Operations and Finance to join our team.
The County has determined to explore the Department of Public Works’ Bureau of Solid Waste operations and financial processes. We are seeking a qualified Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide analytical and consulting services to support senior County personnel in the evaluation of strategic operational and financial initiatives specifically related to commercial and residential solid waste and single stream recycling material (all associated transfer, transport, disposal, and financial operations). The County’ s intent is to examine regional, national, and international solid waste and recycling business operations with respect to both county and state jurisdictions, and interaction with industry private enterprise to fully understand impact to County operations and revenue
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-depth analysis and review of various projects and ongoing operations of the County’ s Department of Public Works Bureau of Solid Waste, in-order to satisfy management requirements including assessment of the viability of operational solutions, preparation of budgets and development of strategic recommendations.
- Provide practical, nonpartisan advice and evidence-based strategies based on nationwide best practices to increase operational efficiency and decrease costs.
- Provide written reports of analysis and work closely with designated County personnel to communicate findings and recommendations per the County’ s requirements
- Provide additional follow up analysis, assessments, and/or reporting based on continuous needs from the County’ s Department of Public Works and other senior County officials.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’ s degree in Business/Finance, Public Policy, Public Administration, Environmental Science, Civil Engineering or related field. Master’ s Degree strongly preferred.
- Must possess expertise in the procedures and processes associated with governmental policy decisions, industry regulations and compliance requirements, as well as have a strong knowledge of solid waste industry best practices.
- Must be fluent with solid waste industry financial operations and budgeting.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to attain consensus among user groups, and the ability to present findings and recommendations to senior executives.
- Must have extensive relevant Government or private industry experience.
- At least 10 years’ experience evaluating resources, schedules, budgets and strategies for solid waste initiatives (government agencies/public sector, private industry, or both).
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34826 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.