Sr. Voice CPE Engineer
1700 Union Ave Baltimore, MD 21211
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Voice CPE Engineer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a technical implementation team to deliver SIP based VoIP solution to our end user customers.
- Interact directly with end users and internal project management staff to deploy customer voice solutions via our VoIP platform.
- Coordinate with customers for on-site deployment of telecommunications systems and related data networking hardware.
- Conduct system planning meetings with end-users to ensure the configuration of system meets customer expectations.
- Perform onsite installation, hardware/software configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of Voice over IP (VoIP) deployments.
- Perform end user training for use of voice systems and on-going basic system administration.
- Design and document system configuration.
- Troubleshoot phone features and application issues.
- Identify and resolve issues with VoIP QoS
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexibility in a dynamic work environment.
- Multitasking and completing projects according to their scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work both in the office and on-site at customer locations.
- Knowledge of PSTN call routing and number portability.
- 10+ years of working knowledge of either Avaya, Nortel, ShoreTel or Mitel hardware.
- 10+ years of working knowledge of SMB level routers, switches and firewalls (Sonicwall, Cisco, Watchguard,
- etc.), VLANs and Layer 3 Networking.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- Voice Systems: 10 year
- Networking: 10 years
- VoIP: 2 years
- Working knowledge of Session Boarder Controllers (Adtran, Edgemarc, Sangoma, Avaya, etc.)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65870 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.