Sr. VoIP Engineer
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
Sr. VoIP Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. VoIP Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for engineering, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of Voice over IP (VoIP) deployments, supporting applications and network hardware
- Receive and address error escalations of VoIP networks through the ticket system, troubleshoot issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct third-tier level support concerning new products for internal and external customers, act as a training resource to convey the correct information for client service
- Work as part of a technical implementation and help desk process to deliver SIP based VoIP solution to our end user customers. Act as Tier three support to internal staff, as well as be able to interact directly with end users with regards to the operation of our VoIP platform.
- Unbox, upgrade and configure VoIP hardware to meet customer needs.
- Perform initial diagnostic evaluation, address technical issues, and provide end user education and instruction.
- Troubleshoot phone features and application issues.
- Resolve issues within the scope and control of the position.
- Provide guidance to end users in procedures and policies for the administration and security of both the endpoint and the server.
- Track status, inform, and escalate tickets as necessary to ensure compliance to all service level agreements (SLAs) and expectations of Client.
- Provide prompt and accurate services with regards to status of Incident or Change requests to our customers.
- Identify and resolve issues with VoIP QoS
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willing to learn new technologies.
- Flexibility in a dynamic work environment.
- Multitasking and completing projects according to their scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to work both in the office and on-site at customer locations.
- Basic knowledge of PSTN call routing and number portability.
- Moderate to Advanced Linux skillset a plus.
- Network+ is preferred.
- VLANs and Layer 3 Networking
- VMware vSphere / vCenter experience a plus
- Experience with Asterisk, FreePBX or Broadsoft is very desirable.
- Working knowledge of SMB level routers, switches and firewalls (Sonicwall, Cisco, Watchguard, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Session Boarder Controllers (Adtran, Edgemarc, Sangoma, Avaya, etc.)
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36518 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.