Sr. Scrum Master
Columbia, MD 21046
Sr. Scrum Master
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Scrum Master to join our team.
- Leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
- As an Agile Scrum Master/Process Engineer, you will be working with the ALM team and the assigned program to assist in supporting their application development methodology.You will be assisting the project teams with their scrum maturity as well as assist with baselining processes and best practices within the agile framework and reporting. While specifically responsible for "scrumming” the project, this role also reports to the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) team, which is part of the IT Governance and works closely with Corporate IT and Security to provide a framework and tooling for the enterprise that is compliant across CMMI level 3, FISMA, and ISO 20000. As a member of this team, you will be an active participant within the Communities of Practice (CoP) as well as be responsible for balancing the needs of the Project/Program team(s) with maintaining the compliance standards set forth by the ALM team.
- This job requires an individual who can collaborate effectively with members across project teams and roles, drive results, and proactively identify and work with the ALM team to resolve problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Service Delivery Center to assist in implementing agile processes and provide assistance in the tooling to support the framework throughout the company.
- Responsible for all agile/scrum related documentation.
- Gathers information from existing systems and processes and works with the team to address business needs and support continual process improvement.
- Support compliance of the CMMI level 3 for software development leveraging the agile framework.
- Assist in identifying improvement activities in coordination with security and IT for our internal customers.
- Participates in the Agile Community of Practice and assists in evangelizing practices throughout the organization.
- Certification as a CSM, PMI-ACP, SASM or other equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience working within a team utilizing agile concepts and methodologies including: SAFe, Scrum, Kanban.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as technology, business, or related, or equivalent experience in implementing software in the Health industry. Must have prior experience as a Release Manager or seasoned Developer to work with our IT team.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with an ALM tool (TFS, JIRA, VersionOne) for process and SDLC management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and roles.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Workflow Development and Business Process Engineering.
- Must have the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Secondary level Scrum Master certification (CSP, SPC, PSM-II)
- Experience with utilizing TFS/Visual Studio 2012 or above preferred.
- Experience in one or more of the following: JIRA, Git, Jenkins
- Experience with reporting applications such as SSRS, Power BI, and Excel reporting.
- Basic MS Visio skills.
- Knowledge of CMMI Level 3 for Software Development.
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Facilitate in Scrum to SAFe transition
- Experience with technical writing
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36798 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.