Sr. Project Manager
Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Senior Project Manager
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible to work on a team of software developers, business analysts, quality assurance, functional design, and business stakeholders to manage project work to successful completion. This individual will be responsible for leading development discussion and overseeing customer’ s needs to strive to build and maintain strong delivery as well as ensure client expectations are successfully met. The Senior Project Manager will oversee multiple projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; coordinates interdepartmental functions in order to minimize delays; meets with program team members on a regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
- Guide, manage and assist in multiple project-level efforts to apply, roll-out, configure various changes within multiple Methodologies
- Perform gap and data analysis in support of identifying improvement opportunities
- Lead meetings and create user stories and discovery workshops for custom IT solutions
- Conduct current state assessments of business processes and supporting systems
- Act as liaison between change requester and software development team. Address development team needs efficiently and effectively
- create release timelines and plans
- coach team on solution delivery, and risk mitigation
- Lead, coach, educate, lead the team in applying concepts and principles and staying focused on quality, predictability, flow and velocity of development
- Strong leadership skills facilitating meetings with developers by providing functional clarification and setting delivery expectations with team and client while also managing budget
- Support the projects on-time delivery, find and eliminate impediments, actively address issues, and build a high-performing, continuous improvement team environment
- Manage all time input and billing activities ensuring completion in a timely manner
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited university in a related field to Computer Science
- 3 - 8 years’ years of solid experience leading software development teams and coaching meetings with internal teams
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and demonstrate success leading multiple project teams to completion while mitigating risks
- A track record of managing projects within a software solutions environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, along with strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced technical environment
- Ability to solve problems, identify solutions, and appropriately escalate issues
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36697 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.