Sr. Middleware Engineer
McLean, VA 22102
Sr. Middleware Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Middleware Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on shifts to support projects.
- Create/configure new middleware instances required by the project.
- Work with team leads to automate installation steps with scripts and BladeLogic.
- Automate or improve existing automation to monitor baseline on new instances.
- Perform troubleshooting and/or configuration changes to resolve middleware issues.
- Write documentation for other administrators.
- Team player attitude; ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
- Knowledge of infrastructure / network components (Big IP, 3DNS, Firewalls).
- Use of ClearCase.
- Use of ServiceNow Incident Management.
- Min 5 years’ experience with UNIX, WebLogic and other middleware administration and shell scripting.
- 5-7 years’ experience with Oracle WebLogic as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Experience automating routine WebLogic administrative tasks using WLST/Jython, ksh, or other tools.
- Ability to drive automation of middleware products, especially Oracle WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, WebMethods.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
- Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34659 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.