Sr. Linux Engineer
Timonium, Maryland 21093
Sr. Linux Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Linux Engineer to join our team.
The Engineer will lead the daily activities of the Server teams and ensures that they run efficiently by maintaining software updates, designing and implementing new system structures, monitoring server activity, and auditing server security in a hybrid, on-prem / cloud infrastructure.
The Engineer will ensure implementation of developed IT strategies for the business, implement solutions that drive automation and efficiency both in IT and throughout the organization. Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and ensure optimum operations of all server platforms to support its business priorities across all branches.
- Work with the Infrastructure Director on Server/Storage budgets and works with other IT leaders to research and deploy cost effective infrastructure capabilities that drive business value.
- Lead the continuous improvement of Server platforms to improve efficiency, security, and uptime.
- Design and implement short and long-term strategic plans to make certain server & storage capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage the Server teams in designing, managing, and implementing industry-leading IT solutions via best practices, tools and automation.
- Maintains a knowledge and expertise in Infrastructure best practices and trends.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice server asset management via CMDB, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ ownership” of problem thru final resolution and ability to identify root cause and put actions in place to prevent.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for infrastructure systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure best work products and services.
- Minimum of 8 years working knowledge Linux operating systems (RedHat, CentOS)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Working knowledge of network and load balancer equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- BA/BS in an Information Technology field or Information Security strongly preferred
- Experience with Windows server platforms desired.
- Experience with VMware 5.X & 6.X platforms, SRM and vRealize Cloud Management Platform a plus.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 37227 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.