Sr. Linux Admin
Baltimore, MD 21202
Sr. Linux Administrator
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Linux Administrator to join our team.
- The Sr. Systems Administrator is a member of the IT Operations team in the IT Global Service Management organization and reports to the Team Lead of the Unix team. The Sr. Systems Administrator will provide guidance and oversight of all Linux server activities within the IT Operations team. This individual will be included in all projects that require integration into existing Linux infrastructure. This individual will also assist in maintaining and monitoring all Linux physical and virtual servers. The ideal candidate will be process driven and have must have a strong attention to detail.
- This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, growing environment. The candidate must be able to support and maintain systems in an enterprise environment and take direction from senior management, but also seek opportunities to improve and stabilize the environment while implementing efficiencies in daily processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities will include participation in an "on call" rotation and provide after-hours availability. Responsibilities include enforcing the Processing Operations team standards, policies and procedures.
- Lead technician responsible for managing Oracle Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Create and maintain documentation on Linux server builds, policies and procedures, ensuring they are accurate and current.
- Responsible for installation of RHEL including scripted installation as well as ‘ Bare-Metal’ builds ensuring team standards are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining and provisioning user accounts utilizing Centrify Server suite.
- Monitoring of all Linux servers within enterprise
- Provide guidance on best practices for server configuration, patching and system management
- Assist the Sr. Director of IT Operations in ensuring all project related work is performed according to specified timelines and scope ensuring successful outcomes
- Management of AWS infrastructure to include all hosted Linux servers.
- Management of VMware infrastructure to include installation of ESXi servers.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance on all projects involving Linux Servers
- 8-10 years of experience required in the Information Technology field
- At least 5 years of experience maintaining RHEL Servers
- At least 2 years managing AWS infrastructure
- At least 5 years of experience maintaining a mission critical enterprise system
- Must possess an understanding of network storage concepts and solutions (SAN and NAS devices).
- Advanced knowledge of VMware’ s virtualization topology including VCenter, ESXi Servers, HA, DRS and VMotion.
- A strong understanding of networking is required
- Must possess a strong in-depth knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Must possesses a working knowledge of network services and protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP services
- Must have the ability to create and maintain shell and python scripts
- Must understand how to patch servers and remediate security vulnerabilities in an Enterprise environment.
- Ability to develop strategic technical documentation and written communications relative to field of expertise (policies, process documents, procedural documents and quick reference guides)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills for interacting with users
- Strong written and verbal skills and comfortable preparing documentation of team procedures and guidelines
- Detail orientation, and the ability to record, organize, and communicate detail
- Occasional travel may be required
- Ability to work flexible schedules when required.
- Ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize duties
- A self-starter who can excel in a team environment of a growing and dynamic enterprise.
- A nonpolitical team player who can build immediate credibility with all teams
- Experience with Centrify Server suite a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Apache and WordPress a plus
- Experience with Ansible is a plus
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36275 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.