Sr. Financial Developer
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Sr. Financial Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Financial Developer to join our team.
The Sr. Financial Systems Developer uses technical expertise and advanced business skills to design, develop, and implement solutions for difficult business problems. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer is an expert in a functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation or technology. The incumbent understands and communicates how technology impacts the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer identifies, develops, and implements technologies and practices that have value for the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer works independently or within project teams to develop solutions that drive the success of the business. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer acts as a subject matter expert in one or more areas of technology. The Sr. Financial Systems Developer acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical and business process guidance concerning the business implications of one or more applications. The position provides technical consulting in area of expertise and mentors Sr. Programmers and Programmers within the business channel or technology supported.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates technical competency with specific tools and technologies being driven by the strategic direction of Technology. Possesses solid understanding and application of the connection between the business being supported and its technology strategy and systems. An expert with functional alignment of technology within a business line, functional operation, or technology. Independently interacts regularly with associates of various levels to gather and analyze business requirements and interpret business needs and issues in order to design and / or evaluate technical solutions that solve the most complex technical and/or business issues. Performs necessary investigation, analysis, and evaluation to determine business feasibility of solutions. Develops cost and benefit estimates to establish value of program to enterprise. This includes the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or equipment installations or changes to existing ones. Develops, implements, and integrates major business systems. Provides technical guidance to Technology Managers.
- Acts as primary consultant on multiple projects concurrently. Maintains high level of technical expertise in one or more applications. Advises appropriate people on the implications of existing Technology systems that can be applied to a problem. Uses appreciable originality on system assignments. Develops and/or evaluates previously refined data and selects from a range of alternatives to determine the appropriate action to be taken. Develops or assists in the development of work plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently. Develops time schedules, conversions, and test procedures for all aspects of the development activities. Recommends technical approaches needed for solution of the problem. Modifies systems designs to take maximum advantage of expertise.
- Demonstrates advanced oral and written communication skills and mastery of all aspects of the System Development Methodology (SDM) to make technical and non-technical material understandable to technical and business units. Evaluates project documentation including formal proposals, feasibility studies, schedules, requirements studies, design documents, use cases, system test cases, and testing plans according to standard system development lifecycle methodologies. Makes presentations to client(s) and Technology management and associates. Plans and conducts meetings including: application development sessions, fit-gap analysis sessions, design reviews, documentation review meetings, etc.
- May lead small to medium projects of short duration, or portions of large projects related to specific deliverables or segment of the SDM. This may include project definition and investigation; coordination of vendor selection and RFP processes; requirements gathering; development; testing; and configuration. Mentors developers and business analysts in Department/Team including: training on all facets of the SDM; technical design; and review of project deliverables created by developers and analysts.
- 3 or more years of development experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12, Oracle Databases, PL/SQL, SQL, SQL*Loader, Forms Personalization, Alerts, Workflow, API’ s, TOAD, SQL Developer
- Strong experience with report development and associated tools including Qlik and Microstrategy or equivalent
- Experience working with databases, writing queries, generating stored procedures, and related tools
- Demonstrated ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of the SDLC - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance, with on time delivery against aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Strong ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively consult and interact with Business Project Team members
- Ability to build positive working relationships with the business contacts, within our IT team, and other IT departments
- Ability to influence and demonstrate impact within a technical team on proposed systems design
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment
- Demonstrated experience applying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Experience estimating development scope and effort
- Experience working in multiple technical environments
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to use all components of MS Office products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate progress and results to team lead/manager
- Demonstrated ability to meet milestones/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively work with people in any part of the organization
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- College degree in technology related field with 5 years relevant Oracle Applications development experience
- Functional knowledge and experience with Oracle Applications - specifically AP, Purchasing, iProcurement, Receivables, General Ledger
- Integration experience using XSLT and XML
- Developing with SOAP/REST and web service API’ s
- Building and deploying applications using Amazon Web Services
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34731 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.