Sr. Data Engineer (Nifi)
McClean, VA 22102
Sr. Data Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr. Data Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivery in the areas of: big data engineering mainly data acquisition technology implementations (Nifi & Kafka)
- Develop scalable and reliable data solutions to move data across systems from multiple sources in real time as well as batch modes ( Nifi/Kafka/ Storm)
- Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems
- Utilize expertise in models that leverage the newest data sources, technologies, and tools, such as machine learning, Python, Hadoop, Spark, AWS, as well as other cutting-edge tools and applications for Big Data
- Investigate the impact of new technologies, applications, and data sources on the future secondary mortgage business
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
- Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS
- Create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies.
- Work in Agile environment
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience with Nifi & Kafka
- 4+ years of experience with Hadoop including Hive and Spark
- At least 3 years’ experience in Python & PySpark
- At least 10+ years of overall experience in Java
- Master’ s Degree in Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS
- 2+ years of experience working with financial data
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work both independently and in project teams
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36079 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.