Sr. Contracts Specialist
8200 Jones Branch Drive McLean , VA 22102
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a .NET Developer to join our team and work directly on client projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Category Manager
- Responsible for the end to end sourcing and contracting process related to all suppliers providing goods and/or services within a specified procurement category.
- Responsible for working with the Category Manager and the business partners to execute on the category strategy by managing the sourcing and contracting specific to category suppliers.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of running sourcing events (RFX’ s) including but not limited to leading supplier RFx development, leading supplier meetings during the sourcing process, providing subject matter expertise throughout the sourcing process where applicable, leading the analysis and recommendation of supplier proposals, and negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents that establish business relationships with suppliers for designated categories.
- Negotiate and execute new contracts not resulting from a sourcing event as well as statements of work and/or amendments to existing category agreements.
- Ensure integration of and compliance with vendor risk, diversity, and management requirements throughout the sourcing process.
- Identify & drive savings throughout the sourcing process to meet all savings targets set by the Category Manager.
- Develop and manage all aspects of sourcing events (RFX’ s) ) including but not limited to leading supplier RFx development, leading supplier meetings during the sourcing process, providing subject matter expertise throughout the sourcing process where applicable, leading the analysis and recommendation of supplier proposals, and negotiating, structuring, and management of contractual documents
- Responsible for full contract life cycle for all category suppliers from contract initiation through termination including execution of Agreements, Statements of Work, Amendments and contract renewals
- Manage vendor performance and adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Build and manage strong supplier relationships
- Identify and drive savings throughout the sourcing and contracts process to meet all savings targets set by the Category Manager
- Participate in category review meetings with team and with business partners on a recurring basis to ensure alignment with the businesses strategic wave plan and ensure alignment across all suppliers and contracts to the category strategy and initiatives
- Execute on the category strategy and work toward developing a sourcing pipeline and cohesive cost-saving agreements
- Accountable for internal stakeholder KPIs for category(s) and support supplier scorecard for external stakeholder KPIs
- Execute strategy and work toward developing a sourcing pipeline and cohesive cost-saving agreements
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and leading practices within the sourcing and contracting process
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 10+ years relevant experience working in Purchasing, commercial Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management environments.
- Superior negotiation, analytical, decision making, and relationship management skills
- Strong expertise negotiating technology contracts (software license and cloud computing)
- Experience in developing and running sourcing events from development to contract execution
- Broad-based experience in supply chain, procurement, contracts, project management
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently
- Highly effective written and oral communications as well as interpersonal skills
- Financial Services Procurement experiences a plus
- Knowledge and expertise of purchasing systems, category management, and strategic sourcing methodologies
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- JD or Paralegal preferred
- Strong problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65805 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.