Sr Web Application Developer
Washington DC, DC 20001
Web Application Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Web Application Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all phases of the software development life-cycle, including application design, programming and testing (unit and system level)
- Debug application code
- Prepare internal code documentation
- Provide afterhours support for various applications on a rotating schedule The ideal candidate will have strong Java J2EE hands-on design and development experience with Java Web application using Spring MVC and Web Services, with Oracle Database development with strong PL/SQL skill.
- Five years of hands-on experience designing and developing modern web applications using the following technologies:
- Three years of experience with C#, ASP.NET, Java, and OS scripting (VBS, BAT, and PowerShell)
- Five years of experience developing scalable, testable, n-tier web applications
- 2+ years of experience with ORMs including LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework (4.0+)
- 2+ years of experience with Silverlight 3+ development
- Project-based experience developing applications using Microsoft SQL Server (2008+) and Oracle (11gR2+)
- Project-based experience that demonstrates ability to write complex queries, stored procedures, and functions using T-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server) and PL/SQL (Oracle)
- A minimum of two years experience with TDD; Experience must be with one or more of the following testing frameworks and common testing libraries:
- Microsoft Unit Test Framework (MS-Test), NUnit, Moq, and Microsoft Fakes
- Experience configuring IIS 7+ and Apache web servers and a working knowledge of F5/ISA load balancers/caches
- Two years of experience with bug tracking and continuous integration software such as Bamboo, JIRA, Jenkins, Cruise Control .NET, andHP Quality Center
- Experience developing mobile friendly websites and applications using one or more mobile application frameworks (jQuery Mobile, PhoneGap, Sencha Touch, etc.)
- Knowledge of and execution of design principles/tools
- Java/Android application development experience
- Project-based experience in the development of web applications with complex business rules that support multiple, concurrent business processes
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36223 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.