Sr Network Engineer
Washington DC, DC 20032
Sr Network Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr Network Engineer to join our team.
- Our Client is seeking a Senior Network Engineer with strong leadership skills as well as strong expertise in network integration design.
- The Senior Network Engineer will support the delivery of IT Infrastructure solutions by spending the majority of time on client consulting and architecture engagements. This person will perform assessment, planning, design, and implement network infrastructure solutions including routing/switching, load balancer, firewalls, optical, WAN, LAN and other infrastructure components. Using complex design principles and methodology to ensure cost-effective and optimal use of resources and technology without jeopardizing network integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate alternative technology solutions in relation to the Company’ s Communications infrastructure needs. Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Design and manage the rollout of critical network infrastructure to support Company Communications and services, on both a strategic (long term) and tactical (immediate term) level.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and CAPEX development work in the capacity planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of Company data networks.
- Ensure that network infrastructure is fully documented and performing as required for internal and customer SLA guarantees and expectations by means of specific metrics and measurements.
- Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities –
- Ideal candidate will have skills/knowledge in the following areas:
- Leadership – Expert in leadership skills in front of the customer and within own team.
- Enterprise Network design methodology – Networking, Application firewalls, optimization and overall solution design for Data Center and implementation skills for the designed system.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in leading and developing integrated technical infrastructure solutions.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in Core/Distribution/Access or Collapsed two-tier network systems.
- Technical – Network solutions for: Data Center Network Architecture, Cloud Operations Azure, AWS and VCloud, WAN/LAN, SDN, NGFV, Load Balancer, Firewall, PON and Wireless.
- Technical - Enterprise network architecture, design and implementation for both IT and OT (operating technologies)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN support and engineering design for voice, data and video networks at Access, Aggregation, and Core network locations
- Thorough understanding of modern TCP/IP data networks using standards and technologies including but not limited to: MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, BGP4, STP, RSTP, 802.1x protocols, Superior knowledge, skills and experience with Cisco routing hardware, software, protocols etc.
- Strong working knowledge of structured cabling systems, network facilities, electrical, UPS, etc. Ability to work alone as an individual contributor, as a technical lead and as a participant in a team environment.
- Router, Switch and IP configuration experience is required.
- Current Certification in one or more of the following: CCNP/CCIE, CCDP, Check point certified security Administrator/Expert CCSA/CCSE R.80
- Education/Experience Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Network Engineering with five or more years directly related experience in a telecommunications service provider network. (Proven technical experience may be substituted for educational requirement)
- Physical Demands and Work Environment: Occasionally the incumbent may lift up to 50 pounds.
- Required skills and experience include proven network Infrastructure design skills with a focus in Enterprise Networks in area such as Data Center Networking, Cloud Migration & Operations, WAN/ LAN circuits, Wireless Networks, Software Defined Networking/ Environments, Next generation Firewalls, advanced threats and mitigation techniques.
- Experience with the use of architecture methods for solution design and deployment is a plus.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36156 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.