Sr Mainframe Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Sr Mainframe Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr Mainframe Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Mainframe Application Developer will provide advanced mainframe technical and subject matter expertise to the Leidos suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the SSA, Office of Systems Architecture, Division of Testing Services (DTS).
- The resource will be responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements.
- The resource will support, in part, functional enhancements as part of DTS' transition from its mainframe-based Validation Data Base (VDB) system to the web-based Enterprise Test Data Management System (ETDMS).
- The resource is expected to be a high-performing team member and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- Minimum Bachelor’ s Degree in related field.
- 11 or more years mainframe development experience.
- Advanced experience in IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS) environment developing and maintaining COBOL, DB2 for application software systems, and JCL.
- Moderate working knowledge of CLIST or REXX and/or File-AID/RDX -- Highly Desired.
- SOA and Java experience strongly desired.
- Experience with mainframe-based software configuration management systems such as Endevor.
- Experience with Control-M or other mainframe-based job scheduling tools.
- Detail oriented and committed to consistently completing repetitive production-like tasks on-time and error-free.
- Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relations skills
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34671 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.