Sr Java Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Sr Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr Java Developer to join our team.
- Senior Java Developer with extensive experience on enterprise solutions and Mobile Application Development. The candidate must have strong solution design skills and the ability to document, communicate, and implement the designs patterns they utilize. The candidate must have the ability to write technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new system, as well as reverse engineering existing systems.
- The candidate must possess strong oral and written communications skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables.
- The candidate shall have extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting applications and computer/network operating system and other system software. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust requirements, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
- The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. It is not a telework position.
- Master’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or bachelor’ s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively.
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within Object-oriented application systems.
- Must have experience working with and Manipulating PDFs programmatically.
- Expert Java developer having expertise in JEE technologies, JSP, EJB 3.0, JMS, IBM MQ, JDBC, and WebSphere.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Struts 2, Spring MVC, Hibernate, Junit.
- Experience with SOAP/RESTful web service technologies and security.
- Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, and XSLT.
- Experience with development tools such as Rational Application Developer, Ant, and Maven.
- Cross-platform Development
- UX/UI Design Skills
- Modern Programming Languages
- Agile Methodologies Experience
- Exposure to mainframe environments for WebSphere deployments
- Experience with version control software such as MKS and Git/Bitbucket.
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36819 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.