Sr Java Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Sr Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr Java Developer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Java/Web Services Programmer shall have extensive experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting applications and computer/network operating system and other system software. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust requirements, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Hands-on experience with projects supporting Service Oriented Architecture principles. Works without technical oversight or as the leader of a team as required. Shall also possess strong oral and written communications skills to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables. Has experience working as part of an Agile team
- Bachelors + 11 years
- Java Server Pages (JSP) / Servlets
- Java Persistence API (JPA) Using Apache Open JPA
- Apache Struts 2 framework
- Markup language like XML, JAXB, REST
- Relational database experience with DB2, PostgresSQL, Oracle
- Comprehensive knowledge of Scrum and Kanban Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Knowledge of Web Services
- Full-stack software development experience with Node.js with understanding of user interface frameworks, back-end software architecture interactions and node module capabilities.
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35129 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.