Sr Java Developer
Baltimore, MD 21244
Sr Java Developer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Sr Java Developer to join our team.
The Sr. Java Software Developer shall have extensive experience in software design, software development, program installations and system implementations. The incumbent shall conduct research for, and maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. The incumbent shall have extensive experience to analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems. The incumbent will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. The incumbent will develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. The incumbent will be able to work productively as the sole developer on a project, and will be able to integrate with project teams. The incumbent will possess excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the analysis and determination of advanced technological ideas and the development into a final product.
- Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
- Supports management and customers answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
- Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
- Prepare whitepapers, wikis, slideshows, and mockups for presentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, and 11 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in full Java language and common libraries
- Proven delivery of innovative solutions
- Proven use of software methodologies and best practices
- Proven public speaking skills
- Rapid Application Development: Groovy/Grails, Ruby/Rails
- Restful and SOAP web service implementations, SOAP UI web service testing
- Webapp frameworks: Struts 2, Spring MVC
- Application servers: Websphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS
- IoC container frameworks: Spring, Google Guice
- Testing frameworks: Junit, Easymock, Selenium
- Relational Database: SQL, design
- NoSQL Database: MongoDB, HBase, Elasticsearch
- XML, XSL, XSD, Schematron
- Big data: Hadoop, Spark
- Virtualization and Cloud: VMWare, OpenStack, AWS
- Languages: R, Python, Scala
- Healthcare Standards: CDA, FHIR, HL7
- Frameworks: Drools, JPA 2.0
- Continuous Integration: Cruise Control, Jenkins, Maven
- Mobile frameworks: PhoneGap, Cordova, Qt
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34341 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.