3275 Bennett Creek Ave Frederick, MD 21704
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Solutions/Infrastructure Architect to join our team and work directly on client projects.
This role will require an experienced cloud technologist that has both a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. The Sr. Cloud Architect will provide strategic direction and roadmaps related to migrating systems/applications from on premise to the Cloud. This individual will support the efforts related to systems/applications and services residing on our client’ s enterprise domain. In addition, this role will be responsible for assisting our customer with understanding and implementing best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to scale the existing cloud solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and roadmaps related to migrating systems/applications/services from on premise to Cloud
- Expert Level Experience in designing and implementing Azure Cloud services, as well as Migration to O365
- Design architectural and engineering roadmaps regarding the Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture
- Develop a set of standards that are consistent across the Cloud IaaS
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by the Project team and the Operational teams designed to increase productivity
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
- Research and recommend architecture solutions to meet business requirements
- Design compute, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms
- Ensure all infrastructure components meet proper performance and capacity standards
- Troubleshoot non-operational issues in both dev and production
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues
- Create documentation around the setup, implementation, and design of the environment.
- Provide technical oversight, review, and quality control
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer information sciences or related focus
- 10+ years of experience in IT field with 2+ working with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services.
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or Associate Certification preferred
- Strong presentation, executive client management, and business development skills along with ability to create concise documentation for both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with security concepts / best practices
- Solid grasp of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, network architecture, load balancing, and security.
- 2 years’ experience implementing end to end Azure cloud solution at enterprise level.
- Experience in defining and implementing Cloud Adoption and Migration of on-premises workload to Microsoft Azure cloud
- Experience with designing and developing cloud storage solutions with scalability.
- Solid grasp of cloud design in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, and security.
- Experience with overarching Azure Network Design
- Expertise in security best practices and use of firewalls, IPS/IDS, encryption, and incident response
- Experience implementing off/on premise monitoring and logging solutions with on premise tools
- Expertise in storage design for high availability and disaster recovery
- Participate in and evaluate proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Apply and attach your resume in Word Format
Job Order Number: 65749 (Please reference in call or email)
Only candidates with backgrounds who match our client' s requested experience will be contacted. Do not take this as a poor reflection on your experience, just a decision for the specific needs of our client' s project/job. We look forward to working with you.