Solution Technical Lead
McLean, Virginia 22102
Solution Technical Lead
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Solution Technical Lead to join our team.
- Are you a highly innovative technical leader? Do you love code? Have you led reference implementations in the past? We are in the throes of a major digital modernization/transformation and we want you to be a part of it! In this role you will get to show off your chops as a full stack software engineer influencing outcomes, guiding transformation, putting your stamp on how the team and organization evolves. The journey is wide open with possibilities . here are a few things that you will need to have:
- Keys to Success in this role:
- You embrace change and innovation… push the boundaries of what is possible
- You embody Agile delivery at the core of your culture and are experienced and ready for a modernized delivery environment
- You are rock solid on your tech… you will be driving team and organizational direction on solutions & architecture… you need to know the modern approaches as well as where all the landmines are.
- You’ ve got the full stack covered with all key modern languages under your belt….You’ re going to have to get into all parts of the code, as well as implement some of it, so you will need to know this stuff up and down
- Proven success coaching and transforming technical teams to shift to modern execution model
- Key Expectations:
- You will be a mentor to the team driving full (and correct) adoption of modern software engineering & Delivery practices (“ Real” Agile, TDD, Stateless Design, Microservices, Containerization, CI/CD, Cloud, etc.)
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing for and implementing solutions in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google). this can range from custom code on IaaS/PaaS to SaaS solution integrations.
- Strong communication skills, you will be responsible for interfacing and influencing with the business lines as well as others across IT.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred.
- At least 5 years, engineering quality full-stack solutions. If coding is like breathing… you’ ve probably found the right position.
- High Level Tech Skills (we are sure you will have more):
- Languages: Java, AngularJS, node.js
- Modern Tools: RedHat Fuse, jBPM or Drools, Atlassian Suite (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Git, Jenkins, Cucumber
- DBs: SQL, Mongo, Postgres
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Google
- Other: OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong understanding and implementation of tried and true as well as modern design patterns and architectural principles.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36596 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.