Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
The right candidate will be a self-motivated, positive person who can work independently as well as being a team player, has excellent debugging/problem solving skills, has built innovative forward-looking solutions and appreciates delivering a high-quality product.
The candidate will be part of a highly technical software engineering team developing our next-generation molecular laboratory medical instrumentation system. The candidate must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with the team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. The Senior Software Engineer will participate in a full software development life cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver robust quality software (code reviewed, unit tested, detailed design documents, well commented code) to the planned schedule
- Works independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Monitors work progress against schedule commitments, reports progress to leadership in a timely fashion, including when work will not be completed according to schedule milestones
- Works with team to establish necessary requirements specifications and test plans for software product validation
- Contributes to project schedule generation including scope of work, duration of tasks, and order of execution
- Responsible for translating requirements into design and implementation of well-structured and documented software components
- Presents/Participates with team in design reviews and code inspections in a constructive manner
- Implement new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; participates in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems
- Implements solutions to assigned defect issues
- Anticipates system faults, failure modes, and unusual events, making sure the software adequately mitigates identified risks
- Develops automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Ensures compliance to regulatory requirements, quality standards and conveys an expectation of high software quality
- Insure adherence to development policies and procedures
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with C#/.NET development (Windows desktop application development) is required
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with multi-threaded software design and development is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework, LINQ is required
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Experience with electro-opto-mechanical (robotics, stepper motors, sensors) instrumentation
- Demonstrated understanding of development in a process oriented/regulated environment and adhering to a quality management system is required
- Experience with Agile Scrum process is a plus
- Experience working in an FDA/ISO-regulated environment is a plus
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 37217 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.