Sparks, MD 21152
Senior Software Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
- Seeking a Senior Software Engineer to be a member of the Product Engineering team responsible for supporting existing medical instrumentation and software. The right candidate is a positive, forward-looking person who must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction, collaborates often and effectively with project team members of differing disciplines, presents a positive and professional demeanor with customers, and excels at solving difficult problems.
- Medical instrumentation product issues arise from a number of different possibilities including software but also mechanical, electrical and system interaction. This requires someone who thinks on their feet and is willing to dive into a problem to understand it from all angles before deciding upon a solution path.
- The candidate will need to possess excellent software skills to be able to assess product issues and apply solutions that best fit the situation. The role requires the addition of new features to existing products, correcting software anomalies, and rewriting less-than-optimized sections of existing software, all which require detailed attention to implementation and product risk for medical instruments.
- The Senior Software Engineer will participate in a full medical software development life cycle and adhere to a quality management system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work well with customer service technical staff to identify and document issues and the associated solutions
- Architect/design system software components for medical instrumentation platforms
- The main focus of the candidate will be hands on software development with an existing platform.
- Interface with other technical departments such as Systems, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering functions
- Interface with Quality, Regulatory, Marketing and Project Management
- Architect/design/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems.
- Document updated design documentation with change information
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, unit testing, and commenting, driving standards within the team
- Develops automated unit test cases to assure software meets the design criteria
- Collaborate with other resources to ensure effective design and implementation goals
- Lead technical design reviews and code inspections providing clear, actionable feedback for project team members
- Assure adherence to development policies and software quality procedures
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or other related engineering field is required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software development, systems & architecture concepts and designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Minimum of 4 years work experience with C#/.NET development
- Minimum of 2 years work experience with C/C++
- Minimum of 1-year work experience with Ethernet and TCP/IP socket development
- Experience with multi-threaded development in Windows – Windows Embedded
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and debug complex software systems
- Demonstrated positive work ethic with a strong commitment to achieving project goals
- Experience working in a regulated (FDA) environment and previous development with medical instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with electro/opto-mechanical instrumentation development is a plus
- Experience with serial protocols (rs232, rs485, rs422)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL Server, Entity Framework, LINQ
- Minimum of 2 years work experience writing automated unit tests
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with relational database technologies
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34967 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.