Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver robust quality software (code reviewed, unit tested, detail design documents, well commented) to the planned schedule
- Works independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test and support software components as assigned
- Participates in decisions on scope of work, duration of tasks, and determination of requirements
- Responsible for implementation or modification of software component designs or enhancements to new and existing software products; assists in the implementation of more complex subsystems and systems
- Assists in the establishment and clarification of specifications for assigned work
- Assists in the design direction or modifications of software system components
- Works with team leadership to establish necessary test specification and requirements for software product validation of designs
- Participates in code inspections and technical reviews
- Follows all software coding standards and processes
- Source code comments and documenting are clean and detailed
- Participates in agile process including sprint planning and sprint review
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Windows desktop application development environment required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with multithreaded application development required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in C# / .NET development required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL in a .NET development environment required
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with Entity Framework and LINQ preferred
- Experience working in a regulated environment (e.g. – medical, defense, aerospace, etc.)
- Previous medical development experience preferred
- Experience with design patterns preferred
- Experience working with robotics or embedded systems preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of basic mechanical and electrical concepts (experience writing code that drives a mechanical assembly for automating a process) preferred
- Nice to Have
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with writing Unit Tests
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34843 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.