Columbia, MD 21044
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The selected candidate will work with users and subject matter experts to focus on the design, development, testing and documentation of applications using:
- Oracle’ s PL/SQL in a SaaS environment
- Perform unit testing of applications to ensure efficient execution and compliance with business and technical requirements
- Maintaining and enhancing existing systems as well as developing new systems
- Function as part of a team of software developers, providing direction and guidance within the Java sphere of expertise
- Excellent knowledge of relational database design concepts, coding and debugging PL/SQL (functions, triggers, procedures)
- Experience with Oracle 11g (creating/modifying tables, views, sequences, hierarchical queries, aggregate functions)
- Excellent understanding of and experience with application architecture and design
- Ability to integrate underlying database using database links and materialized views (including tuning)
- Constructing and optimizing complex SQL queries to support reporting needs
- Analyzing and updating data models (conceptual and logical data models)
- Oracle ApEx is also beneficial, but not required
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline is strongly desired but can be replaced with development of professional enterprise software experience
- The ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Previous experience in an Agile(Scrum-type) environment is beneficial
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices, including coding standards, source control, build and release processes and unit testing
- Ability to provide examples of work including requirements, designs and code
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 35851 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.