Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a subject matter expert for application architecture, cloud, architectural best practices, design patterns, tools & platforms.
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into effective design and architectural guidance to delivery teams.
- Responsible for solution design that aligns with architecture principles, technology standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy, articulate solution options, evaluate tradeoffs and influence key decisions.
- Evangelize adoption of development best practices like agile & lean methodologies, dev-ops, continuous delivery, test automation, containerization and cloud deployments.
- Operate across business verticals to increase agility, drive common approaches, increase reuse and drive down total cost of ownership.
- Define goals for technology components and frameworks including reference architectures and implementations
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry & market trends.
- Be willing to be hands-on as needed to help add value to delivery teams.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in Java based enterprise Software development.
- Hands-on expertise in Java, J2EE, server side development
- Expertise in building internet scale solutions in the cloud preferred.
- Proven ability to work well and influence others. Strong inter-personal skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to generate great content and present them effectively.
- Web technologies, SPA (HTML, JS & CSS), Angular
- Amazon Web Services (AWS),
- Java (Spring boot & Spring framework), Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Web Services, REST APIs, Micro-services, JMS, jQuery, Node, SPA frameworks like Angular 2+/React,
- Preferred: GIT (Github/Gitlab), CI/CD, Jenkins, Terraform, SonarQube, & Fortify.
- Demonstrated success engaging business partners in a consultative manner and turning business concepts into well designed technology solutions.
- Business value focused mindset balancing tactical and strategic needs.
- Must have a thorough understanding of agile development methodologies.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry / asset management space preferred.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36960 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.