Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
- Our team is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud enabled applications. In this role, you will help engineer and develop new capabilities using modern web/cloud technologies used by our Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Analysts. This is a hands-on, full development lifecycle role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, logic, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking.
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others • Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with Portfolio Managers, Quantitative researchers, Traders and senior business people alike
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- Expert knowledge in one or more programming language(s) - Python, Java, C/C++
- Proficient with a range of open source frameworks and development tools -. Angular/Backbone/ReactJS, Esper,, Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), Pyramid, etc.
- Experience building modern web applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or similar providers.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, MongoDB, Hadoop, KDB/OneTick
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns
- Strong Test-Driven Development and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code.
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Experience of web based development and visualization technology for portraying large and complex data sets and relationships
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimization algorithms.
- Experience with algorithms and data structures
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 36874 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.