Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
Candidates for a software engineer position should have broad information systems experience. They should be adept at working in a team environment and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Most jobs require a minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related discipline. Several years’ experience in specific programming languages, such as C#/C++, Java or Visual Basic .NET, depending on what the employer is using, also is valuable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and creating engineering specifications for software programs and applications
- Working with quality assurance to develop software test plans
- Collaborating with hardware engineers to assess and test hardware and software interaction
- Implementing a specific development methodology
- Documenting software specifications
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications using Java, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS Systems (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server), Tomcat
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud delivery models: PaaS, SaaS, IaaS.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS architecture and services
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-based solutions using AWS
- Experience with full development life cycle of distributed systems
- Experience working in an automation, CI: CD and DevOps environment o Cloud environment monitoring and logging, resource optimization, strategy and transformation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Off-hour implementations may be required
- 7+ years of systems design, programming, implementation and integration experience - 3+ within the Amazon Web Services platform
- Hands-on experience in building modern web applications with open source Java Script Frameworks (Angular, React, Node)
- Python coding experience
- Cloud application architecture – Microservices, REST, etc.
- Docker container development experience
- API management systems experience preferred (Apigee)
- Unix & Linux, Shell Scripting experience o Infrastructure as code experience
- Working knowledge of SSL/TLS protocols and certificate-based solutions
- Cloud networking and security concepts, tools and practices
- Cloud application scalability and resiliency
- Cloud infrastructure automation and orchestration
- AWS Certification(s)
- Prior experience designing and deploying cloud-based environments and applications at scale
- Degree in information systems, computer science or related technical field
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 35468 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.