Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
- Candidates for a software engineer position should have broad information systems experience. They should be adept at working in a team environment and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Most jobs require a minimum of a bachelor’ s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related discipline.
- Several years of experience in specific programming languages, such as C#/C++, Java or Visual Basic .NET, depending on what the employer is using, also is valuable. Typical duties include: Designing and creating engineering specifications for software programs and applications Working with quality assurance to develop software test plans Collaborating with hardware engineers to assess and test hardware and software interaction Implementing a specific development methodology Documenting software specifications
- Day-to-day Requirements: Mid to Sr. level resource, (5-10 member agile teams; person will work closely with maybe 3 people at a given time) responsible for light requirements gathering from other technologists; 10% requirements, 90% code. Asset management experience is a nice to have, however Charles River is preferred.
- Strong .NET (C# and VB.NET)
- Strong SQL (SQL Server)
- Experience in creating and consuming APIs (SOAP, JSON)
- Comfortable working with legacy code base (mostly .NET)
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Comfortable working with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience with SSIS
- Experience with Perl
- Experience with AWS Step Functions
- Experience deploying to AWS (terraform, apigee)
- Experience with Git
- Nice to Have:
- Experience with Sybase
- Experience with Charles River
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34719 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.