Baltimore, MD 21202
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team.
- The API Developer performs a variety of roles in the design, creation and maintenance of moderate to highly-complex Application Programming Interface (APIs) solutions (including system infrastructure, data infrastructure, architecture, and applications) that address the informational and data needs of the business. This role stem from the target state architecture direction to move into an API-based ecosystem of technology. The API Developer acts as a consultant developer and partner to ensure that all API, interface, development and implementation requirements are understood, documented, and executed upon.
- Focus for now is API Development using Java and helping guide us from a Development Standpoint (Having another Engineer voice in the room) to our Future State.
- There is a SQL component too, so SQL knowledge would be a big plus.
- Main Departments We Support: Global Trading, Trading Operations, and Investments Global Client Services
- Main Functions: Business Intelligence using Qlik Business Objects Reporting Saas Vendor Solution for front-end Research Vote and CSA Processing Current State
- Infrastructure/Technologies: SQL Database – BI (Qlik) Interface Sybase Database – BO Reporting File based transfer using Batch Job/SQL Stored Procedures
- Future State: API Calls (using Java) and Business Logic Layer replace Batch Job/SQL Stored Proc File Transfers SQL Server – eventually to Cloud Cloud Technologies in general leveraged, where applicable BO Replaced by next Gen Reporting BI First Mindset with Front-end Portal
- Specific Skills and immediate needs: API Development – Java preferred Dev Architect Mindset – open to future state suggestions – experienced
- Pluses: SQL Skills and Database Mindset willing to provide some Production Support – rotational, if needed Reporting, BI tools and Cloud Technologies
- Experience in Agile
- Soft skills: Prefer someone who can also be front and center with our Global Trading business partners
- BS/BA degree and a minimum 4 years of professional experience in a technical development position involving API and Integration technologies, data management and interchange, system design and development for small and complex applications.
- Demonstrated API implementations using API management tools such as APigee, Mulesoft, WS02, or similar
- Implementation of cloud based APIP ecosystems with services developed in java, Python, C# and/or other languages.
- Ability to translate complex business/functional requirements into structured high-quality software implementations using Agile methods.
- Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the technology business, and project teams
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new situations (medium to high complexity)
- Demonstrated advanced technical and analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
- Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity
- Demonstrated experience with test strategies, test plans, and test execution
- Process oriented, logical thinker
- Skilled in the use of Visio or other process or flow chart tool
- Strong knowledge of server/client technologies
- Experience in AWS and suite of products
- Experience using RAD or other IDE
- Experience using SVN or other source code control software
- Experience using Gradle, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Experience with HTML and XML technologies
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Strong SQL skills required, including the ability in database designing and stored procedure development
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with project estimation
- Experience with investigating data issues
- Knowledge of Unix
- Establishing test data
- Experience with system integration
- Programming skills (database, system, or scripting)
- 4+ years of Software Development Lifecycle analysis
- 5+ years of Java development and related Java technologies in API environments
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Financial Industry Experience preferred
- Strong understanding of basic Investment Management principles preferred
- Experience in Agile development is preferred
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Order Number: 34424 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.