Software Development and Support Engineer
Baltimore, MD 21202
Software Development and Support Engineer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Development and Support Engineer to join our team.
- The team is looking for a Senior Software Development and Support Engineer to join our team in Baltimore. In this role, it is critical to have an excellent understanding of software and application architecture and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. The successful candidate must possess excellent technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations.
- Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy is required. This is a hands-on role which provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data, and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire application development and support life-cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring your best on a daily basis.
Core Capabilities & Attributes:
- Leadership: Help define the technical standards and setting the bar for what looks good within the team, mentor other engineers and help in creating an environment where people can do their best work
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem-solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Comfort in team delivery approach where utilization of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods is required:
- Agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Analytical problem solver who can:
- turn data into an asset across the organization o anticipate future business needs, identify opportunities to enhance capabilities and services
- Partner with the teams Engineering Manager to develop key measurements (KPI’ s) to optimize capabilities over time
- Confident to stand alone with your ideas; have the skill to influence and shape others' views
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, and highly technical environment?
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with global teams
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Proven ability in Triaging and problem solving for proprietary applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of ATDD, TDD, and test automation and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code.
- Work with application end users to profile issue and help with daily tasks through scripting and support tools
- Communicate issues to the software development team and help with a 360-degree understanding of the problem from a user perspective
- Work with the software development team to help translate found bugs into robust test cases
- Act as the subject matter expert for the proprietary applications
- Ensure and manage excellent customers relationships
- Assist driving best practices in development and delivery through the use of Agile and help set standards that can be leveraged in other areas of the team
- Assist in providing coaching and support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient
- 7+ years development experience and solid working knowledge of one language such as Java or .Net
- Experience working with TSQL (SQL Server a plus)
- Ability to read and understand various data structures (SQL, XML, JSON)
- Exposure to some of the following concepts: object oriented programming, software engineering techniques, quality assurance, parallel programming, databases, networking, etc.
- The following are consider a plus:
- Experience building modern web applications, with experience deploying to public or private clouds (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Rackspace, etc.)
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, algorithms.
- Strong academic record and BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related technical degree
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36024 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.