Sparks, MD 21152
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Software Analyst to join our team.
- Software Analyst to be part of a product development team.We are a global leader of products and instruments used for diagnosing infectious diseases. Our products are used in the clinical market to screen for microbial presence, grow and identify organisms, and test for antibiotic susceptibility.
- This position is responsible for eliciting and defining product requirements, identifying product options, and helping the development team select solutions which best meet operational objectives. The Analyst works directly with a wide cross section of world-wide sources, including users, internal and external stakeholders, Marketing, program management, and Software management, software developers and software testers to analyze information, generate functional requirements, and derive solutions.
- The Analyst acts as a requirements engineer for one or more Scrum teams – identifying customer needs, eliciting requirements, evaluating project inputs, interpreting and refining product backlog items, and helping the development team transform them into working software.
- The Analyst works to refine the product backlog contents on an ongoing basis: requirements are analyzed, new user stories are added, and existing ones are refined - typically just-in-time, before the next sprint planning meeting. The Analyst collaborates with the Product Owner(s) and aligns with the stakeholders throughout the entire release, working to identify solutions and designs which meet customer needs. In addition, the Analyst is responsible for the readiness of stories to be pulled into a sprint.
- A successful candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be a skilled leader, be able to work independently and professionally, and have an ability to influence others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Marketing, Program Management, R&D functions and other stakeholders to:
- Identify solutions to customer needs
- Develop concepts of products
- Elicit requirements
- Further define functionality per identified capability to meet a customer need
- Responsible for slicing capabilities into features and features into stories
- Responsible for the creation of user stories, acceptance criteria and ensuring that stories meet the Definition of Ready
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the true underlying needs
- Works with and directs engineering Scrum team(s) to determine the best method to break down work items
- Participates as a Scrum team member to deliver incremental functionality for every sprint
- Meets with all other Analysts to increase analysis acumen across the group, regardless of project
- Reviews product documentation (internal and external) and test cases
- Writes user stories and grooms product backlogs
- Maximizes the output and quality of work completed by the scrum team
- Demonstrates finished work to stakeholders
- Creates metrics to help report on performance and forecast upcoming work
- Provides status reports as needed and presents data at appropriate meetings
- Promotes system-wide thinking in a team environment where some members are from other functional groups
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work. Brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management
- Might work as a Product Owner on a Scrum team, depending on project complexity
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
- BS degree in Computer Science, Business Analysis, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in a regulated environment
- Experience in Agile Scrum software development processes preferred
- Previous design control experience in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Experience in customer, system, and subsystem level requirements management and traceability in an FDA-regulated environment preferred
- Experience utilizing a requirements management software tool is preferred
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and influencing skills especially the ability to gain acceptance from others without harming relationships
- Experience in Use Case Based generated requirements or other requirements elicitation techniques
- Experience in requirements design, development and testing
- Knowledge of Quality Systems Regulations, ISO guidelines and Good Laboratory Practices
- Demonstrated creative and innovative problem solving ability
- Experience with software and systems development lifecycles
- Demonstrated team management and ability to prioritize tasks for complex programs
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 36861 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short-Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.