Social Media Marketing Officer
Towson, MD 21204
Social Media Marketing Officer
Vision Technology Services, LLC (Vision) is a leading provider of IT talent and project management services to companies throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Western region including Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Colorado, and Florida.
Vision has been voted by The Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace in 2014, 2012 and 2011. For five consecutive years, Baltimore SmartCEO named Vision the top 50 of Greater Baltimore’ s fastest growing companies based on employee headcount and revenue. Vision has also been ranked as one of the top private companies by the Baltimore Business Journal. First-class clients, talented consultants, and dedicated employees have been instrumental in Vision’ s growth since its founding in 2001. Today, Vision is a preferred provider of staff augmentation services to some of the most recognized and respected companies and non-profit enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
Our unique business model is something that continuously sets us apart from our competitors and allows us to provide one-on-one interaction and support to both our clients and consultants throughout the weeks, months, and years of projects and engagements. The end result is something that our Vision Technology team is very proud of, extremely satisfied clients with a 95% return rate and a 90% candidate return rate.
Currently, Vision Technology is seeking a Social Media Marketing Officer to join our team.
Seeking a qualified Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Social Media Marketing. This SME will be responsible for the development of marketing, public relations and communications strategy and will contribute to the County’ s strategic operations as well as and aligning business plans with organizational objectives. The Social Marketing Officer will develop a world-class communications plan nation-wide, directly managing communications and activities that promote, enhance, and protect the County’ s brand reputation.
The Social Media Marketing Officer will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of marketing and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the County and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the County and will need to build key relationships with outside organizations and jurisdictions.
The Social Media Marketing Officer will be responsible for varied and integrated marketing and communications products and services including: newsletters and other print publications; web, e-news and other online communications; media and public relations; and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing and communications plan to advance brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Ensure marketing communications are coordinated, support marketing plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key stakeholders, including corporate and government partners. Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the County, working with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external marketing and communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Responsible for initiatives concerning: Direct Marketing and Strategic Positioning
- Serve as marketing and communications subject matter expert, both internally and to our association Operations
- Oversee development of all print communications including marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including website and new media; manage relationships
- Serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the County
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding corporate programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, communications or related field is required
- Master's degree strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic marketing and communications, and marketing program to advance the County’ s mission and goals
- Demonstrated experience in Public Relations including driving and translating strategic messaging and positioning through integrated market campaigns and launches
- Proven active involvement in social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flicker, etc.
- Familiarity with social media publishing and listening tools
- High level experience with Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, SEM, SEO, SMO, PPC
- Outstanding project management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to counsel senior executives and marketing leader on effective use of social media
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in in online and social media marketing, including advertising
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior management role
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications and directories
- A minimum of five years’ experience in developing and implementing social media strategies
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier partners, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve national recognition
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of marketing and communications specialists
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs, as well as meet urgent deadlines
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance, and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Excellent and persuasive communicator, including creative writing, speech writing
- Exceptional skills in research, copywriting, editorial, attention to detail
- Must be both an independent worker capable of taking ownership of projects and meeting tight deadlines
Vision Technology Services offers a competitive compensation plan and great employee benefits. Vision’ s full-time, salaried employees receive world class style benefits from the nation’ s premier providers. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company matching, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Educational Assistance, Long and Short Term Disability as well as Life Insurance Policies.
If interested in learning more about Vision Technology Services and the opportunity, please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com.
Job Order Number: 34340 (Please reference in call or email)
Vision Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.